Jimmy leaves for college in a couple of weeks (EEEEEEEEK!), and as the date gets more near, I get more fear.
The first time I see him after the semester begins will most likely be Parents’ weekend.
This is what I am afraid I will find when I arrive…
1. His idea of “doing laundry” will be spraying Febreeze on his dirty clothes. If he does actually use a washing machine, the clothes will sit there for days, resulting in a moldy, wrinkled mess.
2. He will go without shaving for so long, he will be offered a recurring role on Duck Dynasty.
4. He will not feed himself, causing his eyes to turn black. You know, like the vampires in Twilight when they get hungry.
5. He will not shower for so long, a cloud of dust will follow him around like Pigpen from Peanuts.
Oh wait, I just thought of the worst possibility of all…
6. He will change so much, it will be like he was abducted by aliens who have taken over his body.
Fortunately, Gillette has helped eliminate worry #2! They have a blade refill subscription service that delivers Gillette’s blades directly to your door! How cool is that?! And it’s only about $1 a week for most guys. Since I’m sure Jimmy will be using all his spare time for studying, taking advantage of a subscription that means one less thing to shop for is a no-brainer (See what I did there?).
Now if I could just convince the university to offer room service I would be able to take #4 off the list…
P.S. NO, I don’t actually think Jimmy is going to turn into a vampire or an alien. That’s just crazy. I mean, his college is in the mountains, so turning into a werewolf is much more likely. Duh.
P.P.S. Seriously (for once)…While it is true that I am feeling much trepidation over Jimmy leaving, I couldn’t be more proud of the responsible young man he’s turned into. I have no doubt that he will thrive at college and will be able to feed and clothe himself just fine. Except for the wrinkled shirt part.
Disclaimer: Compensation was provided by Gillette via MomTrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Gillette or MomTrends.
The Gillette Fusion ProGlide with Flexball Technology is the first razor of its kind, with a new handle that adjusts and pivots to respond to the contours of a man’s face for fewer missed hairs. Using existing Fusion ProGlide cartridges, the new handle lets the cartridge move in three dimensions for maximum contact. The result is #ShavingRebuilt for an entirely new shave experience. Men who tried the Fusion ProGlide with FlexBall Technology prefer it 2-to-1 over the standard Fusion ProGlide*. And since it uses the same blades as the Fusion ProGlide, it’s a one-time purchase for a 2X better shave.
*Jimmy agreed. “It’s really cool” were his exact words, I think. Which from an 18 year old is very high praise!
***Under Construction: Site re-design in progress.***