From oldest to youngest, my boys are : Jimmy (’96), Jake (’99), Eric (’02) and Greg (’04) They make our house very loud and chaotic but I wouldn’t change that for anything. Except maybe a few more minutes of peace and quiet here and there. And – before you ask – no, I’m not trying for “the girl.” I know what it’s like to be the only female in this house of testosterone. I wouldn’t do that to an innocent baby girl.
My husband, Jim, has 5 sisters and no brothers. Before Jimmy was born, I worried about the pressure of “carrying on the family name.” We did our job well. You won’t hear much else about Jim here. When I told him I was starting a blog, he asked “what will you say about me?” with a look of horror on his face. I told him I’d play nice.
We also have 2 dogs and 4 cats, plus we foster kittens for a rescue. We tried adding various other critters over the years: guinea pigs, gerbils, hamsters, lizards and fish. We didn’t do a great job of keeping them as part of the family for long. So now we stick with cats and dogs.
Our house is a zoo. Literally and figuratively.
Some random tidbits about me:
- I have lyme disease and lupus. I don’t talk about that much to my real life friends. So I will probably blog about it a lot.
- I was adopted as an infant. The older I get, the greater effect I realize that has had.
- I’m a small town girl at heart. Born and raised in a 2 stop light town.
- My Dad died when I was 3. One of my only memories is watching Perry Mason with him. To this day I can’t watch a Perry Mason re-run.
- My Mom passed away in 2010. I try to find comfort that she has been reunited with my Dad, but I miss her terribly.
- I didn’t fly on a plane until I was in my 20s.
- I loved playing the flute and was almost a music major. I’d love to start playing again but it’s not like riding a bike…you actually DO forget. Bad flute playing is good for making the dog howl though.
- I ended up majoring in Computers, which my children find hilarious because I am so technologically challenged now.
- I love the smell of coffee, hate the taste. A can of Diet Coke is my morning jolt.
- I love vacations at the beach. My hair doesn’t.
- I despise ticks.
For those that have
wasted taken the time to read this far, you may want to learn a bit about the story behind Momopolize by reading Delay of Game.
I like “Likes.”
I love “Comments.”
I adore “Shares.”
“Follows” make me down right giddy.
“All of the above” makes me do a happy dance. It is very entertaining. You have to see it to believe it. So go ahead…Like, Comment, Share and Follow!